Sailing Events at WHSC
Click ot tap on the headings for Notice of Race; other links in RED
Tuesday Commodores Cup - 22nd June at 6.45 pm (1845 hrs)
3 races - Lasers and GP14s (same helm all races) - 1 discard result.
GP 14s only - Sailing Instructions
10 Hour Race - Saturday 3rd July at 10 am (1000 hrs)
All classes. - Sailing Instructions
Club Sailing and Racing
Regular racing takes the form of class racing - boats race only against their own kind. This makes for bigger, better fleets. WHSC racing classes are the GP14 and the Laser. We also have boats for youth sailing – See the Children page.
· We race dinghies on Saturdays throughout the year and on Tuesday evenings during the summer
· We host events on the GP14 Travellers' circuit. Club members participate both here and at other venues
· We run race practice sessions for newly-qualified members, to build confidence in competitive sailing
· We have a weekend (or sometimes a week if there's demand) in Poole Harbour for local racing and sea sailing
· We usually have at least one other weekend each year for coastal dinghy sailing, such as at Exmouth or Brightlingsea
If you are new to sailing, or not ready to race, see dinghy trainingfor details on our training programme and other ways to take part.